DECORATING A SMALL BEDROOM - HOW TO DECORATE A REALLY SMALL DORMITORY?
Nowadays real estate companies build smaller and smaller homes; therefore also bedrooms are very small, even smaller than 9m2.
How to decorate a very small bedroom?
Here are some tips and examples of decoration, which could be the solution of a small room, and get a really cozy space:
1. What color should I paint a small bedroom?
I suggest painting the entire bedroom white or ivory (white plus a touch of cream), to enlarge the space and lights. When you paint the walls white, then anything can happen according to your creativity, because colors must be added along with accessories such as cushions, paintings, quilts, etc. To give an amplitude sense, it is best to avoid strong contrasts of color, but if you still want your favorite color on the wall, you should paint only the back wall facing the header. If you are going to choose a dark color in some of the walls, you must have very good lighting in your bedroom.
Small bedroom picture: designspongeonline.org
2. Are there any effects or tricks to enlarge the room? What is often used in very small rooms?
- As for me, basically a large wall mirror to double the size of the bedroom. But it should be placed in the right position and have the right size, otherwise it will be ugly. Therefore, it is important to visit: "MIRRORS IN A BEDROOM”
Also shelves with mirror at the back for a depth effect, as seen in the picture.
- Use short furniture, very flat. That makes your room look larger and higher ceilings.
- Large wallpapers on the right place are perfect for smaller bedrooms, because they make the bedroom larger; due to obtained depth according to the picture that has the mural or wallpaper.
- If your bedroom has no windows, you can put curtains instead of doors in order to create a window effect.
- If your bedroom has no door, you can also put curtains instead of doors.
Bedroom decorating picture: Karim Chaman
peaceableinn.com, Big Mural in a Little Bedroom: apartmenttherapy.com
3. Furniture for small spaces or mini bedrooms:
- More and more inventions and furnitures come out to help us save space at home, so if your room is small, use furniture designed to save space in small flats.
- If your room is small, use a small bed and use the space under the bed, choose a bed with drawers below, put a couch instead of a traditional box spring, or place special boxes to organize blankets, sheets and other below your bed.
- If you place furniture such as bedside tables, try to use all the space. As we see in the image, changing to a wider bedside table, gives the impression that the room is wider .
- If your roof is not low, use a bunk bed. Berths below a bunk bed have a desk or folding beds, and they help you get more space to decorate in a very small room. There are furniture systems that use the space to cover cabinets or desk back, and put the bed over the entire structure.
- Opt for narrow and tall furniture.
- Put shelves above the bed or on the walls and buy some boxes to have everything pretty well organized over them.
Photos: cheapbeds.org, fitzpat.com, elblogdetyq.com
4. Lighting is very important.
In very small dormitories sometimes do not have a window, and if they do it is very limited. With no natural light inside, we must place bulbs, indirect lighting and other accessories to give us more light.
Rustic decorating photos: castlesinthesand.com
It is a good idea to place the bed in the corner with good lighting:
Leaving a path and creating storage
Using the space above the header:
A bookshelf, a double bed, sofa, table, four chairs, a workplace:
Well, I hope these tips for decorating small bedrooms will help you and if I find something else, I will update it here, in the same post.
Via: Bedrooms Decorating Ideas
DECORATING A SMALL BEDROOM - HOW TO DECORATE A REALLY SMALL DORMITORY? Reviewed by Eduardo Ruiz on 00:33 Rating: